You can change your enrolment without any penalties up until the relevant census date.
In most cases you can enrol or withdraw from subjects yourself in StudentOnLine
. You may not be able to change your enrolment yourself if:
• the subjects have requisites (conditions) that you haven't met
• your changes will lead you to overload your credit points
• the subject is not available or is full.
• it's after week two of the semester
If you are not able to withdraw or enrol into a certain subject in StudentOnLine please submit a Variation of Enrolment (VOE). You can access the online VOE form via StudentOnLine, under the enrolment tab.
If you want to enrol in a certain subject, but do not meet the prerequisites (or if it's after the second week of the semester), you need to contact the subject coordinator first and obtain approval before submitting your Variation of Enrolment. You can then upload this approval via the online form. If you do not get a subject coordinator's approval prior to submitting your online VOE form, there will be a delay in the processing of your VOE application.Changing the study period of a subject: If you want to change the study period of one of your subjects (e.g. from Online Study Period 1 to Online Study Period 2), you first need to withdraw from the subject, then re-enrol into it for your preferred study period.
International students are required to be enrolled on a full time basis at all times, except where approval has been granted by La Trobe International. If you are wanting to under enrol, please contact La Trobe International first and obtain approval before submitting your Variation of Enrolment.
Please note: It can take 48 hours for a subject to appear in LMS once enrolled on StudentOnline.
If you can't see your subjects in LMS at the start of semester you should:
• First, log into StudentOnline to confirm that you're correctly enrolled in the subjects.
• Wait 48 hours after enrolment for the LMS subjects to appear in the LMS.
• Contact Ask La Trobe for assistance if your LMS subjects haven't appeared 48 hours after enrolment. You'll find more information about applying for Advanced Standing in the 'Discover La Trobe Online' guide which is available in the Learning Management System (LMS) after you have enrolled.
La Trobe University Students studying via OUA
To withdraw from a unit, visit the Withdrawing section of My Study Centre
. Then tick the checkbox beside the unit(s) you would like to withdraw from and follow the prompts to confirm your withdrawal.